- PREMIUM STEEL CONSTRUCTION – This multi-functional gym equipment features a premium steel frame that combines design and performance. The powder-coated construction ensures maximum durability making it an ideal investment for your home gym.
- ADJUSTABLE PADDED SEAT–The seat offers two-axis adjustment that allows this stationary bike to accommodate people of different heights. The seat allows your body to conform precisely to the equipment providing the maximum effect on specific targeted areas
- MANUAL RESISTANCE MECHANISM– The 40-pound flywheel stores rotational energy and provides resistance allowing for manual adjustment of resistance levels to simulate different terrains for customizable workout routines according to different skill levels.
- AERO-STYLE HANDLEBARS–The aerobars of this exercise bike feature narrow, bolt-on extensions that draw the body forward into a tucked position. The handlebars can be adjusted to suit your arm length, letting you rest your arms and hands with a spot-on grip
- EASY TRANSPORTATION – Experience intense cardio workout sessions in the comfort of your own home. This bike is equipped with transport wheels that give it maximum mobility letting you easily and conveniently move the equipment anywhere in the gym or home.
Fitness is an increasingly important aspect of people’s lives today, and it is not hard to understand why – after all, more people are increasingly aware of the health dangers present today, and that a fit lifestyle increases your lifespan in many ways. However, not everyone has the money to sign up for a gym membership, let alone the expensive ones, yet it is still essential to find a way to stay active.
If you are searching for a bike that gives you a workout experience that is similar to a fitness club without having to spend the obligatory monthly fee, this bike is for you. However, there are also plenty of fitness bikes on the market, and it can be confusing trying to make a choice about the best fit for you. In this article, we will focus on the Marcy club revolution cycle bike and see whether it fulfills all the important criteria.
What to expect
This particular bike is among the best picks in the market and offers you the convenience of an indoor bike thanks to its components. The best aspects it has include the low maintenance, quiet cycling movement, and smooth motion throughout its lifespan. You also need an indoor bike to have plenty of weight capacity, and this one features a capacity of up to 300 lbs.
This bike heavily makes use of the belt drive system, which is also the reason why it has a quiet operation mechanism. The system is comprised of a heavy-duty belt that is resistant to stretching and ensures its long lasting use. In addition, the use of the smooth belt means that the cycling motion is very smooth, allowing you to use the bike at home without generating too much noise to wake up the neighbors.
It also has quite the heavy flywheel that weighs 18 kg, or 40 lbs., but this will also give it a consistent level of momentum. Your pedaling will also remain stable and constant because it is perimeter weighted – this also means that the Stairmaster effect is diminished significantly particularly in high resistance settings.
A small pulley also features in the crank assembly setup, and the crank arms as well as the pulley are both comprised of steel to allow them to be solid enough to support a user up to 300 lbs. the pedals are comprised of aluminum and also add toe cages that make the bike a good option for people who are recovery training. If you want cleat pedals for your spin shoes, you can also get a replacement easily.
This bike comes with a direct-contact braking system, which consists of a long felt pad, and this touches the flywheel in a vertical way. You can adjust the resistance manually through the tension knob on the frame’s main tube.
The knob will not specify the resistance levels, so that means that you must tighten it to find the correct tension that you can work with. You can also adjust the tension as you pedal through. In addition, you can use the tension knob as an emergency braking system, as it can stop the flywheel motion instantly when you want to switch your pedaling motion and speed.
There are some solid welding points to aid instability, as well as the bike is comprised of a one-piece frame that is made entirely from steel.
Other than the stability, there are also some level adjustment knobs that are present on the bases, both the rear and front ones. That allows you to use the bike for as long as you want without the risk of the bike moving unnecessarily.
The assembly of the bike itself is also easy due to the transport wheels, both plastic-made, on the front base area.
Handlebars and seat
This bike has a well-cushioned seat, which is of a similar build to the ones you would find on a typical race bike. It is not the most comfortable option you will get, such as the seat options on upright or recumbent bikes, but it will still give you the same comfort as that of a mountain bike.
You can adjust it both horizontally and vertically, as it has ten increments from 44” (the highest) to 35” (the lowest) from the floor. In the lowest position, the pedals are about 3 inches from the floor, so that will leave you with a 32” distance from the lowest pedal to the seat when you adjust the seat to its lowest position.
You can also adjust the height of the handlebars easily, and they have six adjustments ranging from 41” (highest) to 36” (lowest). In addition, there are multiple grip adjustments to make to enhance the workout experience for you, and the elbow and aero-bar rests help to make you more comfortable.
All these might sound complicated, but the summary is that it can handle users between 4’10” and 6’5” without any issue.
Maintenance and assembly
Assembling the bike is not a difficult task, as the user manual is quite comprehensive and gives you step-by-step instructions. In fact, the bike actually comes pre-assembled in some parts, as the brake and drive system will already be in place – all you need is attach the frame to the bases, add the handlebar and seat, then the elbow rests and the pedals.
As this uses a belt-driven mechanism, the drive system will not require any extra maintenance. Every part should last you a long time due to the pre-lubrication – you just need to make sure all the bolts are tight enough and that the bike is clean.
- Uses a belt-drive system, which allows it to be low-0-maintenance
- Very durable and sturdy
- Good for apartments
- Solid and smooth momentum
- It is easy to adjust the seat vertically and horizontally
- Has a wide spectrum of resistance levels
- Assembly is easy
- Comfortable to use
- New users might initially find the seat uncomfortable
- Lacks a performance monitor
- Might emit some squeaky noises depending on the resistance level
The Marcy Club Revolution Indoor Cycle is among the most affordable choices that you can find, and still offers you great quality of service – even though it lacks some features that you would find in a premium exercise bike.
Last update on 2020-04-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API